Dance possesses a magical, transcendent quality that moves us all,
without regard for language, culture, station in life or limitations.
It can add wonder to the most common event,
and excitement to an ordinary evening.
But most of all, it can reach those who are considered unreachable.
We are inviting dancers, choreographers, and teachers of different dance genres to join our team of specialists, who are working to develop inclusive dance in the UK – dance involving people with and without disabilities. You can put on dance productions, teach dance pieces to people with disabilities; hold master classes; or dance in an inclusive dance pair. You will gain invaluable professional experience and will be invited to participate in our Inclusive Dance Festivals, at the end of which you will receive a letter of thanks from the Festival’s Organizing Committee and certificates of attendance for all participants. You can also join us if you don’t have any dance training but would like to learn to dance. Send your application in your preferred format to
Aims and objectives of Inclusive Dance UK
To support people with disabilities who are involved in various forms of dance.
To provide an opportunity for disabled children and young people and adults to socialize with non-disabled peers.
To initiate a volunteer movement that uses different types of dance to integrate disabled people into society.
To develop different types and forms of inclusive dance based on people with and without disabilities dancing together.
To promote a positive image of socially active disabled people and the volunteers who help them.
To assist upward mobility of people with disabilities and volunteers.
To stimulate the activity of volunteer organizations and creative teams who help disabled people and create conditions for their social integration.
To coordinate activity of inclusive dance groups and experts from different parts of the United Kingdom, exchange of experience, realization of projects and objectives created by working together.
The main goals of Inclusive Dance UK are:
• To coordinate activity of inclusive dance groups and experts from different parts of the United Kingdom, exchange of experience, realization of projects and objectives created by working together;
• To give organizational and methodological aid to inclusive dance groups or social oriented non-profit organizations, that develop inclusive dance and dance rehabilitation;
• To analyse, discuss and systematize the proposals of experts, specialists, and leaders of inclusive dance groups or social oriented non-profit organisations working to develop inclusive dance and dance rehabilitation, elaboration of avenues of joint activity based on voluntary self-organisation, cooperation with governmental and local authorities;
• To make informational and organizational conditions to consolidate and develop infrastructure on inclusive dance and dance rehabilitation all over the world, to make a system of events and programs, providing their support.
For more information
Call Ray Bulpitt : +44 782 820 1044
World Para Dance Sport, together with the Inclusive Dance UK, would like to invite you to attend our Para Dance Sport course developed especially for coaches and athletes. This course provides a comprehensive introduction to World Para Dance Sport for coaches and dancers, who are eager to develop and improve their skills to practice and teach Para Dance Sport. The course allows coaches to work together with their athletes under our instructor(s)’ supervision.
The course will be conducted by one of the World Para Dance Sport official instructors.
If you are interested in participating, please submit the below form for the course, fully completed including any necessary attachments, to Info@WorldParaDanceSport.org. Before filling in the form, please carefully read the below programme details.
- Arrival date: 27 July 2023 – check in at 10:00am for 10:30am start
- Course: 27, 28, 29 January 2023
- Time: 10.00am – 16.00pm
- Course completion: 29 January 2023 – 16.00pm
Programme location : Woodhouse Park Lifestyle Centre
Manchester M22 1QW
Participant fee: 120 Euros
Once your attendance is confirmed, a link for credit card payment will be sent. Payment in cash will not be accepted.
The participation fee includes attendance, coffee breaks, lunch and participation certificate.
Please note that as a participant of the programme it will be your responsibility to arrange flights and ground transport as well as any insurance that you may need (e.g. medical and travel). It will also be your responsibility to arrange accommodation and meals.
Nearest international airport: Manchester International Airport.
We recommend the use of comfortable clothes and dance shoes.
Feel free to contact the organisers for information about accommodation.
Candidate profile for the programme:
Candidates must have:
- An interest in Paralympic sports and specifically Para Dance Sport;
- Desire to serve as a dance coach or an athlete;
- Coaching or other relevant background in the sport of World Para Dance Sport or Dance Sport is welcome.
Candidates must send, in addition to this application form, the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume with information about education and professional experience in dance (if relevant);
- Certificates and other documents validating your qualifications;
- Understanding of the development of World Para Dance Sport
- Understanding of the World Para Dance Sport Rules and Regulations
- Wheelchair options that can be used for Para dance Sport
- The use of space in the wheelchair
- Different styles (Single dance, Duo dance, Combi dance freestyle/showdance)
- Technique and practice for single dance
- Similarities and differences among combi styles and duo styles
- Judging criteria in approved WPDS competitions
- Understanding the principles of the World Para Dance Sport Classification Rules and Regulations (online)
- Eligible impairment types for Para Dance Sport
- Classification, medical information and anti-doping
- Understanding technical aspects of dancing with a wheelchair
- Getting started
- Partner connection and leadership
- Working with dancers
- The body and wheelchair in one unit
- Wheelchairs, basic steps, moves and turns (combi)
- Body coordination and connection of two main elements
- Difference between sitting female athlete and male athlete with standing female and male standing partner.
We are an We are an association of over 1000 inclusive dancers.
2015 – The birth of the WIDA
The aim of the Association is to develop inclusive dance around the world;
to organize festivals open to people with different types of disabilities and dancing volunteers;
to create friendly communication between people and intercultural exchange between countries.
June 17-19, the Open Inclusive Dance Festival was held in Vienna and Bratislava together with Vera Reible (Austria), Igor Jaegersky and Stefan Tvorozhek (Slovakia).
New formats of inclusive events were created and implemented.
New members of the organisation were accepted from inclusive groups.
Inclusive dance associations were established in Italy and the Netherlands.
On December 1, a unique international online show, Inclusive Dance World Vision, was held, which brought together 39 dance groups from 29 countries.
In December 2020, representatives of 15 more countries joined the Association.
Visit the WIDA website: http://widance.org